Question
Posted by: Figured it Out | 2007/06/12

Workings of a womans mind???

I have a 9month son born out of wedlock, with my surname. Things were going well with his mother and I til he was 2 months old, then she turned against me. Agreed to joint custody, but changed her mind. since then, she has been fighting me, threatening me, refusing custody, refusing mediation, refusing counselling etc.

I had no choice but to seek legal advice, so she did too. Her attorney is doing what she wants, fighting the issue, instead of what me and my attorney want - mediation.

Things were really tough til about 2 weeks ago. She suddenly changed her tune, invited me over for dinner on 2 occasions, I helped her with things in her home like installing new tv and sound system, putting in new washing line, washing machine etc, buying paint for her oldest daughters bedroom etc. Basically she is suddenly very friendly, 3 days after threatening to get arestraining order against me setting foot in her home, so that when I come fetch my son I have to wait outside her gate!

But I am very perplexed, how can she change from being so aggressive and conflict orientated, to suddenly inviting me for dinner, sharing bathing and putting our son to sleep etc etc? Whats the catch?

Sounds awfully suspicious, doesn't it ? Too large a swing in attitude to be purely coincidental. The puzzle is what's in it for her this time round. Did she somehow get a better legal opinion that her behaviour was likely to lead to her losing in court, at her own cost ?

3
Posted by: Bob | 2007/06/12

Well its good that she has changed her attitude, but just becareful!

Woman can be really evil!!!!

Reply to Bob
Posted by: FIO | 2007/06/12

I like the muti one, but its me who sorts the food out, so maybe I should muti her food!

Hi CS, probably has come to her senses, she will lose court battle, and if so I'll sue her for my legal costs. I'll make her another offer in the next week or so, so at least I have sufficient proof of our ability to work together. I'll also explain that money I'm spending on legal fees etc could be far better spent on maintenance and looking after our son.

Lets hope she's come to her senses, otherwise I'll have to muti her food!

Reply to FIO
Posted by: annon | 2007/06/12

shes putting it for you (muti) dont eat at her house

Reply to annon