Question
Posted by: Jenna | 2004/11/16

Work treatment

i just had a conversation with my boss about work and he basically tells me that i can do more work than others. he tells me that the position that i am in, not being married, not having a family, not having any children is good since i don't have a reason to get home early, do have a reason to rush home early..What i told him is that he decided to have children, i never told him or any of the other ppl to have kids..Does one's singlehood and not having mothered a child indicate that you have to work more than others?what do you tell people like this? how do you treat people like this? this hurts coz I haven't chosen not to have a family or kids, it's just the position i find myself in.

It'd be interesting to ash the Dept of Labour and the Human Rights Commission about this, as it sounds like the sort of discrimination that ought to be outlawed. Why should anyone be punished for NOT having children or getting married ?

3
Posted by: HS | 2004/11/16

Sexy single girl, go tell him you may not have a child / husband to run home to, but you have a sexy single life to live - and you're not as desperate as he is to spend all your time at work.
I'm on the other side of the I have a kiddie and Hubby to get home to, but it also means I have balance - work, play, family.
And you do too : work, play, work and then play some more. It's all about balance, no matter what your family situation.
Oi, good luck, he sounds like a bit of a chauvanist..!

Reply to HS
Posted by: Celebrity | 2004/11/16

That my dear is a form of discrimination - he has no right to treat you like that. Do not be afraid to take him on, the law is on your side.

What a cheek!!

Reply to Celebrity
Posted by: Mona | 2004/11/16

I'll laugh in his face! Tell him he should have been a commedian!

If you do work late, make sure you get paid overtime!

Reply to Mona