Question
Posted by: Curious | 2005/11/21

Work out routine

This is a 2 part question!

I am considering buying an eliptical trainer (Like the orbitrek) is this a good machine to invest in?

I would also like to know if this is a good work out schedule to lose weight and build muscle:

1hr on the orbitrek 3 days per week, 1 hr taibo 3 days per week, rest day on Sunday.

I am on weigh less at the moment as well. I am 5 foot 3 and weigh 67kilos now and my goal is to reach 55kg by March next year. Will I make it???

Hi Curious

I certainly think that your training programme is sound. You have a decent level of variety, you will exercise often enough, for long enough, and presumably and the right intensity. The key is diet and whether you stick with it. If you eat well, which you should be doing, then provided you stick with it, you should lose weight and improve greatly by March. I'm not convinced that 12 kg is possible, I'm not even sure that you will be able to lose 12 kg in a lifetime of exercise. I recall a dietician once telling me that you can safely lose 10% of what you start at. So, for you, that's about 7kg. For your height, your ideal weight (according to BMI) would be between 51 and 63, and so your target does fall within the normal range, but rather than setting this goal, I would say you should begin with a target of 60 kg (meaning you need to lose only 1kg) and then take it from there. I think that 7 kg is reasonable in this time.

The only other issue is sticking with it. The problem with home exercise is that it becomes too convenient and excuses, particularly over the festive season, can begin to pile up. But if you stick with it, then you will see results.

1
Posted by: sniper | 2005/11/21

hell yes, if u are on weigh less and do taibo.
leave the orbitrek, it is mind numbing using one of them, have a look at secondhandshop how mant they have.
it works fine but one cant keep it up.

for sure u will reach 55kg, just be carefull over festive season

Reply to sniper