Question
Posted by: nana | 2007/04/18

work colleques

how do you deal with people at work who treat you like dirt and thinks that you are poor you cant even buy anything they must comment or critisize i am fed up with them i dont know what to do please help me,

They're rotten and inferior people if they treat you like that and make you feel bad. Is there an HR dept or person at work you could discuss this with ? Joy's comment is very wise --- they enjoy seeing you look uncomfortable. So the more you can ignore them and appear sunny and happy, the more it will frustrate them

3
Posted by: nana | 2007/04/18

Thank you all for the wonderful words

Reply to nana
Posted by: Maria | 2007/04/18

I agree with Joy. Just ignore them, I know it's hard but they will stop picking on you if you don't react.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Joy | 2007/04/18

Just ignore them focus on your work and smile or nod if needed. Remember that they are not potential friends and you do have a social life beyond work. People who are geniune and who care about you and are not out to critize or comment especially when you didnt ask for it. They'll soon realize you're not entertaining their bull and will take their company elsewhere. If you're always trying to put a face up, trying to be nice, especially to people that are not nice to you, you're only gonna end up upset and frustrated and their always gonna feel like their doing you a favour by keeping you company / u actually wanna hear what they have to say

Reply to Joy