Question
Posted by: Me | 2004/03/08

Wont say he loves me

i live with my b/f weve been together for 3 years. The problem is he wont say he loves. He used to say it all the time now when i say I love you he says I Know.

The other night when we were lying in bed he said "i know dont say it enuff but i do love you" so i thought he would start saying it more. but he hasnt! he still just says I know!!

what is the problem??

Dear Me,
He sounds like a good guy ! If your bf keeps on telling you how much he loves you, there's probably something wrong --- men just don't talk about loving you, that way. As for hand-holding, talk to him about this, and mention how upsetting it weas when he reacted that way. Again, some guys feel shy about showing affection in public ; others like it as a way of showing off to other guys. As you say, it's a Man Thing. Just as it's a Woman Thing to want him to do things differently.

5
Posted by: Jill | 2004/03/08

I think men are just different from us girls. My hubby of two years told me not to say "I love you" to him all the time! At first I was hurt, but now I am used to it. Afterall, we do love each other, other wise we would not be together and keep each other happy. Don't push him on this.

Good luck.

Reply to Jill
Posted by: Me | 2004/03/08

My boyfriend won't kiss or peck me in public.When we started dating i used to kiss him when he drops me at work but now i have to beg him for a kiss and sometimes he just says "go baby.You'll put lipstick on me".It hurts me sometimes but he says he doesn't like doing that in public and i understand coz in the bedroom he doesn't mind.So maybe its just a man thing.As for saying i love u,whenever i say it he says it back to me and every now and again i get a suprise 'i love u' without having to say it first.Talk to him and find out what is really up.Tell him what u would like from him and if he loves you then he will listen and understand.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Crushed | 2004/03/08

Well thats just rediculous, cuz theres nothing wrong with public affection as long as its not overboard, and holding hands is not overboard. You have 2 choices: 1) you can talk to him about it, and tell him exactly what you've observed and then see what he says, or 2) you can neglect him a bit, by not saying '' i love you '' and not touching him etc. Dont be offish, just be subtle.

Reply to Crushed
Posted by: me | 2004/03/08

Yes but lately he doesnt even touch me except when he wants sex! we were shopping the other day and i tried to hold his hand and he pulled away like id smacked him!!

Reply to me
Posted by: Crushed | 2004/03/08

Guys dont say it all the time. I think us girls are more emotional and feel the need to say it more. And maybe your man doesnt need to be told all the time that you love him,because he really does know, and maybe he thinks you already know that he really does love you to, so he doesnt say it that much.

Reply to Crushed