Question
Posted by: mom2K | 2008/06/19

wondering

hi
im a 24 year old woman with a 11 month old baby, my husband and i would love to have another child, but rite now im on Nordette until we are ready to conceive again, my worry is ive been told that if im on contraceptives e.g. pill for too long, i mite have problems conceiving again, how true is this?

worried

Dear Mom2K
I would like to reassure you that being on the oral contraceptive for long periods of time will not make you have difficulty in falling pregnant. If after stopping a contraceptive one is still having difficulty in falling pregnant then there are usually other causes for this.