Question
Posted by: Do | 2005/12/15

wondering...

Hi, Im doing cardio 4 times a wk at 45 min per session. im on my 5th wk and havent noticed any change in my body. Im trying to get rid of rolls and flab on my stomach and back. How long before one can notice any sort of change and how long until one achieves total results? Is it because maybe i see myself everyday... At what stage is it good to include ab exercises? Dont want to build abs and look bigger than what i am. Must i do back exercises?

HI there

It's difficult to diagnose the problem, since I don't know the details. The other person on the forum has asked whether you do high intensity training as well. This is important, because the intensity is often where people falter. Certainly, you have the right duration and number of sessions, and so the intensity may be key. You must make these exercise sesssions challenging. Not exhausting, but hard enough that you get the benefits. I think that too many people make the error of underdoing it. I would advise that two or three days a week, you make this cardio session a little more challenging. Perhaps not 45 minutes of challenging, but why not break it up into 9 sets of 5, where you go hard for 5 minutes, then easy for 5, and so on? That alone may make the difference.

The other issue is diet, if you are not eating well, then exercise is relatively meaningless and you can train for hours and hours and get fitter, but not see anything. So make an effort to eat very well too.

Finally, it does take time. Usually, in 5 weeks, you will feel a lot better, you will have gained some muscle mass and so if your weight is the same, you have to have lost some fat mass and so there has been progress.I think that for the next 4 weeks, your goal should be fitness and to improve your performance, and then by this stage, you should notice changes are also happening.

1
Posted by: w | 2005/12/15

Yes its good to do back exercizes along with your cardio.

A question.. do you do high intensity training?

I've heard people say 6 months!!!! its a long commitment, but worth it... it should be a lifestyle.

Reply to w