Question
Posted by: Tummy tuck | 2004/11/04

Wondering

About 8 years ago I had a lapectomy (tummy tuck) which I think wasn't very successful. My belly is lower from where it's supposed to be (about 5cm from pubic hair) sorry for the informative description. He was supposed to reposition the naval, which of course he didn't. Now I have this huge "love handles" on my hips since I gained some weight too. What I want to know is what can I do about it? Don't know where the Dr is anymore and can't afford another operation as I paid cash for it.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Tummy tuck,

What you are describing sounds like normal complications, and love handles will develop if you gain weight, and is not as a result of the tummy tuck.

Without a proper clinical evaluation I cannot advise you on possible options, but suggest that you at least spend some money on a consultation to obtain an opinion from a plastic surgeon who can evaluate you.