Question
Posted by: coldsore | 2004/03/06

wondering

I have never had a cold sore in my life until a few days ago. I was handeling a lot of kids(for on day), picking them up etc. But no kissing. half way the through the day a part of my lip started to really burn and a little blister uccured. 4 days later and its gone but i now have a tiny blister on the tip of my tongue that burns terribly. Is this coldsores and why did I get it, get rid of it.

Coldsore, it sounds like it might be coldsores or maybe even aphthous ulcers. The problem is that I can’t really say without examining you first. Cold sores or fever blisters are cause by the herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) and you might have contracted it a while before the symptoms started.
As a matter of interest – there are at least 7 types of herpes viruses. Type 2 causes genital herpes, type 3 causes chickenpox and shingles, type 4 causes glandular fever, type 5 is cytomegalo virus and they’re not exactly sure what diseases are caused by type 6 and 7.
Good luck and let me know if you have more questions.

1
Posted by: Casper | 2004/03/09

What does genital herpes look like? I have had a rash now for about 2 months, that won't subside. I have had heat rashes before, but normally only for a day or two, after using simple baby bum cream (Fisan Paste). I have now finished 2 tubes of 'Stop Itch' cortezone cream. ( The chemist said I should not use it for too long and not use to much at a time?)It is still there and I am very worried. It is not on my genitals as such, but in my groin, right where my underwear fits. This causes constant inflammation, as I can't walk around without underwear. Your help would be appreciated, as this is really getting to me.
Thanks.

Reply to Casper