Question
Posted by: jada | 2003/01/07

wondering

Dear Doc or any of the guys out there...I have met a wonderful guy who I fell in love with the first time we met on a blind date. Can one fall in love the first time? I also need to know how does one really know if the guy likes/love/feel anything for you? does not say it often.
We are both divorced, he not so long, I am for quite a while, for the last three weeks I have not seen him, because he is underpressure having his children with him, they at this stage does not know about "us" . I agree that he must spent time with them, but they are 18 years old "twins"
I need time with him, I miss him so much, cause I am inlove with him, of which I told him.
He calls me most of the time early in the morning, 1h15 in the morning, 5h15 in the morning when he really misses me and needs to just hear my voice as he says. Well yes we have been having regular sex and I misses being with him, I do not know how much patience I will have, waiting, but I love this man!!! plse help with advise I am 49 and he 43.
I must say the time we had sex was wonderful!!!!
tks

I wonder about men that will gladly have sex, but that will not acknowledge one in public. Your comment they don't know about "us", makes me wonder why this man is not prepared to say "hey world she's with me"!!
Unfortunately all that this forum can do is speculate and give you if's, but's and maybe's.
Why not write him a letter or e-mail, just like you wrote to us, and get him to answer the questions. That why you will get it from the "horses mouth" so to speak.
Dr Elna McIntosh

3
Posted by: jada | 2003/01/09

Dear doc thank you for your response, I have spoken to him and he feels because he is divorced only for 5 months and I am for 5 years, it is too soon to tell his children, even worried that the ex might know about me, I did ask if he wants the ex back, but he says no, he wants me, he asked me at this stage just to be there for him, I have not seen him for the last three weeks cause the children because it was holiday was with him all the time especially the boy, they 18 year old twins a boy and girl. plse give me advise on this.

thank you

Reply to jada
Posted by: jada | 2003/01/07

Thank you to "concerned" for sharing....I really appreciate it. I miss this man so much, I am naughty at times...I would sms him and tell him how I feel, and he would call. Wow I just love him to bits. I just hope it will work for us. sometimes I wonder if I'm normal??? cause he really knocked me off my feet.

Reply to jada
Posted by: Concerned | 2003/01/07

I am also divorsed,and met a wanderful girl, a year after my divorse. I was dating this lady for more than 3 months before I told my kids about her and it took another 2 months before they met her. My kids are 17 and 13 now and they still have some resentment. We are dating for 4 years now and plan to get married by the end of the year. Girl, all it takes is time and time and do not loose faith or think he does not love you! I still talk to my kids about my relationship and only for the passed 6 to 12 months things are smooth between all parties. Good Luck!!!!!

Reply to Concerned