Question
Posted by: wonder net | 2005/11/22

wonder net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ek dink alle verhouding kan mooi wees hetsy vrouens met vrouens of mans met mans, maar ek wonder of almal christelike waardes het. So baie skryf dat hulle met daai een 'n verhouding het maar slaap saam met die een. Dit klink maar vir my na 'n orgie. Of die man wat getroud is met 'n vrou wat saam met haar vriendin se man slaap. Is dit nie hoekom mense so teenkantig is teen gays en lesbians nie. Soveel mense kry seer en wat my die hartseerste maak is dat daar partykeer kinders betrokke is.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Wonder Net and thanks for your posting, which I see has ruffled a few feathers.

Christians do not have sole rights to functional, enduring and loving relationships - many people who have very functional relationships do not share your Christian values, while many people who profess such values are guilty of incest, infidelity and domestic violence. Heterosexual relationships are no more functional or enduring than same-sex relationships, as manifested in the high divorce rate - and more children get harmed by dysfunctional straight relationships than they do through same-sex relationships.

Most people are prejudiced against gay and lesbian people because of ignorance and being socialised according to heterosexist values. Some gay people are promiscuous, as are some heterosexual people.

Please note that this is an English-medium forum - please see my response to question 459 - and if we promote Afrikaans we must also cater to all eleven official languages in South Africa. In that light, the posting by 007 to Eish (following) is disrespectful.

10
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/11/30

Steven: Who made you God? I am straight and a Chritian, but believe the time my dad was in intesive care and dying - who were the people that cared for us - stood by us- supported us emotionally in all ways possible. They went out of their way to make life easier for us. We stayed with them during the weekends so that we would visit my dad and not have to travel 107km every day..........the gay family. So stop critizing, go and stand infront of the mirror and ask yourself whether you are as perfect as you THOUGHT you are. Because if you were, we would not have been so critical.

Reply to Valkyrie
Posted by: Lonelyboy | 2005/11/23

Hi Steven,

I understand where you come from, if you use the bible as a reference as all people should. I am gay and I have never been in a relationship where I have loved someone and being loved back, simply because I am very scared of being rejected by the people I fall in love with. My heart chooses who I fall in love with, and my heart does not choose between sexual orientation but looks at a persons heart, personality, values, looks. I have always fallen in love with straight guys and Have been very hurt every time. As a child I remember praying to God everday to make me not gay, I excelled at school and in work like no other individual, I put all my energies into my work to forget my affection for guys.....But Steven I am so lonely and I hurt everyday to the point that I ask God somedays to end my pain and take me to be with him. I can remember from the age 9 of being attracted to a boy at school. I have only loved three times in my life, I dont chop and change like the weather when I love someone I really do and they all happen to be me. If I had a choice in life I would rather be straight than gay any day because the possiblity for finding love would be far greater. everyday a bit of me dies as long as I cannot be able to express what I feel towards the boy that I love.

Reply to Lonelyboy
Posted by: Steven | 2005/11/23

The bible says that people of the same sex cannot have relationships. Who r we to say that this is right? The word of God says it is a big NO! And there is no such thing as a gay christian, no ways!!! We can only pray for these sick people. Remember that we all r made to the image of God. U can never be born gay! We can just pray for u guys.

Reply to Steven
Posted by: wonder net | 2005/11/23

Sies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dalk moet julle tyd spandeer om Afrikaans te leer praat en verstaan en minder bekommerd wees oor seks. Daar is mos baie meer betekenisvolle dinge in die lewe. Dit lyk vir my dat julle voel almal is uit om julle te kry. Sjoe soveel pyn en haat. Laat my wonder.

EK IS TROTS AFRIKAANS.

Reply to wonder net
Posted by: Ant | 2005/11/22

Well said Deeve

Reply to Ant
Posted by: Deeve | 2005/11/22

Hi All,
This is such a pleasant open forum - please, lets keep respecting each others views, without making derogatory remarks to others....

Just Wondering - somehow, most gays that I have ever encountered, are the most tolerant people on this planet. Yes, a very diverse and colourful crowd, and morals/values that may differ like the weather. But this is the same in any form - heterosexual the works - what about the soapies - they are not dreamed up...! No where does it make any one of us better than the next. I appreciate your posting - it has some sort of food for thought - but the best is to just chill, and respect that no one is the same - what blows you, might turn me off completely. Each for their own. That's what makes life so interesting......
Take care

Reply to Deeve
Posted by: 007 | 2005/11/22

Eish = why didnt you learn Afrikaans in school? Were you ever at school??

Tristan = Vat 'n chill pil ou, jy klink asof jy nou 'n aar gaan bars in jou kop. Relax

Reply to 007
Posted by: Tristan | 2005/11/22

Hello just wondering..............

Stop wondering and start thinking..

Your comments are prejudice and ignorant. You assume all gay people are promiscous!! See people as individuals!! Who cares anyway if someone is promiscuous?

Oh and by the way.. If you want to go the bible route... It is says in the bible "Don't judge others". Try and live by that.

Tristan

Reply to Tristan
Posted by: eish | 2005/11/22

Hayi bo wonder net nam ndiyanqwela ukuyiva lento uyithethayo kodwa hayi ke kuba uya pratta.

All im trying to say is that pple get to be cut of in conversation and we would love to respond. I understand though that it is the SA official lang, and all but eish.

Reply to eish
Posted by: Jay | 2005/11/22

Wat wonder jy net? is jy ook van daai mense wat nie kan wag om die oordeel te vel nie. Hoekom juis christelike waardes, onthou ons is nie almal christene nie... ander gelowe kan ook seksueel wees en dit geniet.
wat maak dit tog saak - wie met wie slaap - ons wil tog almal graag seks he en dit geniet. of hoe se ek.?

Reply to Jay