Question
Posted by: ciska | 2004/01/19

Wonder

Hi, I read one of the other respondent's questions about a coccyx that was injured. I remembered then that when I was in st. 2, I was riding a "foeffy-slide" and then the rope broke. I fell about half a metre right on my coccyx and also fell my wind out. My mother took me for x-rays and on it it said that nothing is broken. For 3 weeks I couldn't walk properly and couldn't lift my legs up and I could barely sit down. I'm now 21 and have had problems ever since that day. I can't sit down too long on a hard surface and my fiance felt a sort of bump on the area.

If the x-ray said it's not broken, then why does it hurt like this and why the bump?

Your help is much appreciated. thanks.

Ciska, it might be that the x-rays were taken too early. If you have the x-rays repeated now and they still say that there was no previous injury, it probably wasn’t broken, but I doubt that it’s the case (because your fiancé can feel a lump). Good luck.