Question
Posted by: tsaki | 2007/06/19

womens health

Dear Experts

I'm a lady, whose having a rash on my vagina sorroundings, it comes & goes for 1week ,ignored. but now it came it will be 2 weeks its very dry & uncomfortable. and every time i wipe or wash brown things are left in my toilet paper/bath towel.
I'm aware i need to see a doctor but where do i consult a gp/gynaecologist. iam sexually active, but my parner has no rash on his penis.please help on what could be the cause & who to see.
thank you

Dear Tsaki
You can see a normal GP - try to get an appointment while the rash is there, it could be a viral infection or just an allergic skin condition ( maybe to latex of condom or ky jelly or something similar?).