Question
Posted by: Charlene | 2006/07/24

Withdrwal method

I would just like to find out if the withdrawal method is effective.
I was using yasmin, but i was having really bad side effects. My husband and i thought it would be a better idea for me to stop using the yasmin and just use the withdrawal method. We have been doing this for the past 3 months and it seems to be safe as i have gotten my period every month since. My gp also done a HPT with me last month and it was negative.

Can i take this as being a safe method? Is there anyone else that has tried the withdrawal method and fallen pregnant?
I had my last period from the 5 - 10 June, and today i'm experiencing some abdominal pain, could this just be due to my period coming on in next week?

The withdrawal method is far less safe than the Pill. While the Pill is 99.5% safe, the withdrawal method is only about 90% safe.

6
Posted by: Carol | 2006/07/28

Sorry to have to burst your bubble but I fell pregnant by using the withdrawal method after being sick from using the pill and the injection not being good for me.

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Charlene | 2006/07/26

Hi SIH
I have no problem with that.
I was on the pill before and all it done was make me very sick.
I just needed to find out how effective the withdrawal method is and if anyone has fallen pregnant from it. So far not one person that I have spoken to has fallen pregnant this way so i feel pretty safe. It has been 3 months now and I haven't fallen pregnant.

Thanks.

Reply to Charlene
Posted by: SIH | 2006/07/25

Dear Charlene

Sorry to butt in, but I was in a similar situation when I got married.
My specialist physician was like a bit of a dad to me at the time, and he sat me down once and asked me to answer him honestly. He asked whether I have had a proper orgasm while practising the withdrawal method!?
I had to be honest, and say no, and after that I went on the pill...

Needless to say, it was SO much better, and did our sex-life wonders!

Reply to SIH
Posted by: Purple | 2006/07/25

Most people using this method are pregnant within about a year. The same amount of time that it takes a normal healthy couple actively trying to fall pregnant.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Lou | 2006/07/24

The withdrawal method is very definately not reliable. Their is pre-ejaculate present befor a man actually ejaculates, and there is sperm present in this. So if you are not pregnant yet, it is pure luck. If you really dont want to fall pregnant, tehn use condoms, which are far more reliable.

Reply to Lou
Posted by: Charlene | 2006/07/24

Sorry i made a mistake, my last period was on the 5 - 10 July not June.

Reply to Charlene