Posted by: Worried | 2007/06/14

Withdrawal Syndrome

After my divorce in 2004 I turned to drinking beer. It became therapy which I could not do without. However, it was worrying me a lot because I gained a lot of weight and stopped caring about how I looked.

I have not been drinking for a 7 days now and I do not want to drink again. Am I going to suffer from serious withdrawal sydrome and should I see a doctor? Please help me stay sane. I need understanding people to give me advice.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Worried
If you did not have any withdrawal symptoms by now, you should not really get any. However, I think you should see your GP - he may need to give you a calming medication like Aterax or Biral to take if you feel uptight to prevent you "self-medicating" with alcohol. See to it that you take a good vit b complex supplement.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.