Question
Posted by: Worried | 2007/06/14

Withdrawal Syndrome

After my divorce in 2004 I turned to drinking beer. It became therapy which I could not do without. However, it was worrying me a lot because I gained a lot of weight and stopped caring about how I looked.

I have not been drinking for a 7 days now and I do not want to drink again. Am I going to suffer from serious withdrawal sydrome and should I see a doctor? Please help me stay sane. I need understanding people to give me advice.

Dear Worried
If you did not have any withdrawal symptoms by now, you should not really get any. However, I think you should see your GP - he may need to give you a calming medication like Aterax or Biral to take if you feel uptight to prevent you "self-medicating" with alcohol. See to it that you take a good vit b complex supplement.