Question
Posted by: Roxy | 2008/05/26

Withdrawal Symptoms Paxil 20mg

Good Morning Doc

I weaned myself off Paxil 20mg a day, now I have not had anything since Friday, Today is Monday and only getting some withdrawal symptoms now, my lips get all tingly, I feel dizzy, I am nausea, I have got a sever headache and I am very tired. Has any one experienced this, do you know of anything I can take to get rid of the symptoms...?
Anything that won’t effect us Trying to Conceive...?

I'm a bit surprised that your doc gave you sensible advice about weaning yourself off the drug, without mentioning the possibility of withdrawal symptoms, which are the reason for the waning. It seems a bit odd to develop such symptoms at this stage after the weaning you describe, so it would be adviseable to call your doc who knows you in detail, so as to interpret this. The main symptoms you describe sound like those that would be brought on by over-breathing, hyperventilation, as when one gets a bit anxious and sighs and breathes too hard.

1
Posted by: Roxy | 2008/05/26

I did ask my doctor for advice before i weaned myself off, but he didn't tell me that there will be Withdrawal Symptoms and I really don't feel like phoning him once again...
If you can't help me then I will phone him but advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you and have a lovely day...

I took one every second day for a week, then a half every second day and now I have stopped.
Dr did advice me to wean myself off it like that...

Reply to Roxy