advertisement
Question
Posted by: M | 2005/01/10

Withdrawal method

My boyfriend refuses to ejaculate internally for fear of pregnancy even though I am on the pill and take it like clock work. How safe is the pill really and what are the chances of falling pregnant even with withdrawal. I find it irritating and non intimate to have to clean up after instead of laying together. Is this normal or odd? is he paranoid?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

I think your boyfriend is a bit paranoid. The Pill is more than 99% effective if taken correctly. The withdrawal method on its own is not very safe, because there is sperm in the pre-ejaculate.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

2
Our users say:
Posted by: FH | 2005/01/11

Sorry, forgot to mention above, that the chances of falling pregnant using the withdrawal method do not apply to you because you are on the pill.

Reply to FH
Posted by: FH | 2005/01/11

Hi M

Your chances of falling pregnant while on the pill are very slim. People usually say that it is 99% safe, the other 1% is the human error that is usually involved. Like forgetting to take it, or not taking it regularly, skipping etc.

And, you can fall pregnant without full ejaculation. There are traces of semen in the pre-cum that a man secretes, so it is definitely possible.

Your boyfriend is probably just paranoid because he isn't sure what protection the pill offers you. (from pregnancy only anyway).

Good Luck

Reply to FH

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
advertisement