Question
Posted by: M | 2005/01/10

Withdrawal method

My boyfriend refuses to ejaculate internally for fear of pregnancy even though I am on the pill and take it like clock work. How safe is the pill really and what are the chances of falling pregnant even with withdrawal. I find it irritating and non intimate to have to clean up after instead of laying together. Is this normal or odd? is he paranoid?

I think your boyfriend is a bit paranoid. The Pill is more than 99% effective if taken correctly. The withdrawal method on its own is not very safe, because there is sperm in the pre-ejaculate.

2
Posted by: FH | 2005/01/11

Sorry, forgot to mention above, that the chances of falling pregnant using the withdrawal method do not apply to you because you are on the pill.

Reply to FH
Posted by: FH | 2005/01/11

Hi M

Your chances of falling pregnant while on the pill are very slim. People usually say that it is 99% safe, the other 1% is the human error that is usually involved. Like forgetting to take it, or not taking it regularly, skipping etc.

And, you can fall pregnant without full ejaculation. There are traces of semen in the pre-cum that a man secretes, so it is definitely possible.

Your boyfriend is probably just paranoid because he isn't sure what protection the pill offers you. (from pregnancy only anyway).

Good Luck

Reply to FH