Question
Posted by: kw | 2007/06/22

Wired Jaw

I'm desperate to lose 30 kg's. Been on pills, been to psychologists, been to dieticians, been to gyms, etc. etc. etc. etc. I am terrified of dying and think about it all the time, but I just can't get control.

I'm too scared to have a gastric bypass, but am thinking wiring of the jaw will help me as it is not permanent. Also there is a 10% mortality rate with the gastric bypass and I would need to be on many many supplements and vitamins for the rest of my life.

What is your opinion?

Dear KW
If you find that you cannot follow diets even if you have consulted a dietitian then having your jaw wired may be the solution. Discuss this option with your gp who will refer you to a dr who does this procedure. I do agree that a gastric bypass is a very drastic and life-altering procedure.
Holding thumbs that the jaw wiring will help you to lose weight.