Posted by: Marius | 2009/07/16


Can you please advise if there is any oral medication I can take for " Winters Hands"  and dry/cracked skin on my finger edges which is very painful. I am using milking cream on my hands which is the best I so far discovered, but when these cold snaps arrive it does not seem to help. Thank you.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hi Marius
Try flush free niacin ( look at dischem "Solan"brand or health shops). You can use something like heelbalm to prevent cracking fingers. (It may burn on broken skin though) Try Bactroban ointment on the cracks and keep closed with elastoplast. If you have chillblains, try Voltaren gel on the areas. Keep your hands warm as far as possible
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/09/04

none of that is working for me, i stlil hev'nt found anathing working for me

Reply to Anonymous

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.