Question
Posted by: sharms | 2008/05/28

winter hands

I get winter hands every winter.My fingers are so sore.
What can I do?Or use.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is important to put gloves on before you go outside and to use cream specifically for your hands is better than using overall body lotion. Your hands is thin and hand lotion is a bit heavier and provides better moisture and protection. You also have to avoid products containing alcohol, as this will suck the moisture out of your skin.

For extremely dry skin, coat wet hands with cream; then layer on damp cotton gloves (available at drugstores). Then cover the cotton gloves with rubber gloves for the night. This will help prevent ragged cuticles and dry hands.

Kind regards