Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/04/29

Winter

Hi Cybie

Found your write up on the Royal Wedding very interesting. Good luck to William and Kate.

Winter is approaching fast and Cape Town is rainy and cold and as the seasons changes my mood have also over night changed.

I dont feel like doing much just " vegging"  Been sleeping really bad but switching to decaf coffee now to see if that improves my sleeping. I know exercise would help so will go to bikram yoga from next week. Actually just drag myself there.

Bit worried about my loss in appetite, activities, seeing people or doing things.

Going away to Mother In Law for weekend so that would probably do me some good.

Its just so weird how your mood can change just like that.

Many of us are sensitive to the weather. When it gets gloomy and over-cast, I tend to feel as though the ceiling is creeping lower and lower and I should duck !
Cofee in the morning may help you to get up and get going, but after 4 pm may interfere with sleep. Have a good weekend with MIL.
As GP says, I hope you are being sure you are getting enough vitamins, minerals, etc., in your new diet.

6
Posted by: Truth | 2011/04/30

There seems to be a worrying manic feel to your posts!
Even visiting your MIL you are surfing the net?
Are you not spreading yourself too thinly with all that is going on in your life. It was not long ago you were binge drinking and fighting with husband.
From your posts you are coping with
Alcohol problems
A sick relative.
Relationship issues with hubby
Food cravings
Menstral cycle issues
Mood swings
Diet changes
Sleep problems
Lack of excercise
Are you seeking proffesional help? Are you sure you would be of any assistance in volunteering until you have helped yourself.

Reply to Truth
Posted by: kasandra | 2011/04/30

PS I think my great aunt being very sick after stroke has more to do with my feeling tired and down then my switching to vegetarian!

Everyone close to me actually compliments me on the variety of foods I eat lately and my cooking!

Its all a progress.

Reply to kasandra
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/04/30

I have seen a nutritionist thanks, she is happy with my eating plan but included soya protein powder into my eating plan and more beans to up my protein in take.

I am taking a full multi vitamin each day.

She also said one cup of coffee in the morning will not be bad for me maybe just avoid tea or normal coffee from 12:00 each day.

Found a wonderful forum with vegetarians and vegans and they have been guiding me so don''t think I am doing that bad they are really helpful and friendly, trust their advice.

Starting my volunteering work in 2 weeks and my yoga next week.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Regular | 2011/04/30

Excellent advice - a dietician would also be able to assist with your cravings for chocolate

Reply to Regular
Posted by: Green Peace | 2011/04/30

I was concerned that you may have not fully researched your switch to vegetarianism and your mood swings ,letargy and lack of zip may well be as a result of incorrect nutrition? The fact that you did not change to de caff displays a lack of basic nutitional knowledge.
Maybe make an apointment with a qualified nutritionist to educate yourself.
You should be feeling really good with re newed energy.
Veggis do not VEG out but are healthy and full of get up and go!
Also re look your excercise plan surely your lifestyle change should have been started by now in this area?
I did feel when you first posted that you were doing too much too soon. At least your green work and charity work have been shelved until later.
Try in life to do a few things properly rather than many badly.

Reply to Green Peace