Question
Posted by: BJ | 2007/07/30

wine

I understand that a daily glass of red wine protects the heart but since menopause I have been ultra-sensitive to alcohol. I find that i can tolerate an egg cup full of red wine in the middle of a meal. Will this be of any benefit or should I not bother? Is there anything non-alcoholic I can take which has the same active ingredient?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello BJ, thank you for the question.
I presume that you are referring to the health benefit of tannins. Tannins are also found in tea, pomegranates, strawberries, cranberries and blueberries. If you are referring to Resveratrol then one can obtain this in the form of berries. One can also consider supplementation, Solal has an excellent range of anti-oxidants.