Question
Posted by: billy jean | 2007/07/30

wine

I found that I became so sensitive to all alcohol around menopause that I stopped drinking all forms of it. I understand that a tot of alcohol a day and/or a glass of red wine a day helps your heart. I have tried with red wine in the middle of a meal and I can tolerate an egg cup full- that's all. Is this worthwhile or should I not bother?

Dear Billy Jean

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

A glass of red wine a day can be beneficial but it is not essential. As you have become sensitive to alcohol, I rather suggest that you take good multi-vitamins, as well as a good anti-oxidant.

Kind regards