Question
Posted by: Kate | 2007/04/26

Will they pay????

I am going to use Vlooi as an example - what if she takes her dog in for a renal screening and the tests come back negative - will the test be paid for or will it be for the owners account presuming her dog is fine?

According to Royal Canin, if an animal has eaten the Vets Choice food produced between 8 March and 11 April 2007 they will pay for the tests. They will also pay for treatment if the pet is shown to be suffering from kidney disease induced by the consumption of their food. I have no reason to believe they will not pay if the test comes back showing the kidneys are fine.

Unfortunately some people are insisting on being refunded for bags of food that are three quarters empty and manufactured in January. The ingredient that is to blame for the problems seen was first incorporated into Vets Choice on 8 March. I don't think it is reasonable for pet owners to expect refunds for used food that was manufactured prior to the "outbreak" of renal disease.

2
Posted by: Carol | 2007/04/26

I returned a quarter of a 20kg bag today .. was refunded the full price and I didnt pay for the tests .

Unfortunately tho I have realised that there are vets ..... and there are vets ... you have to shop around

Reply to Carol
Posted by: shaz | 2007/04/26

I would also like to know, as I took my two for the testing and vet said they are fine, it cost me R320.00 for both of them...can I calim that back??
The one at the monent is just refusing to eat, so I hope that these tests are true and correct...she will eat a treat, or bread, but does not want her food... tonight I am going to cook chicken livers and rice and see if she will eat.

Reply to shaz