Question
Posted by: checking | 2003/03/18

will previous cysts lower my chances of falling pregnant?

When I was 16 I was hospitalised beacause I had an ovarian cyst. It was removed and was on the pill (diane) to prevent the cysts returning. I have been off the pill now for 11 months and have had the odd pain every now and again but nothing as serious as before. A chemist told me once that it was common for patients such as myself to not leave having children too late. Is this true? How late should I leave having children? Will I find it hard to conceive and how long would it take?
Thanks!

Isolated ovarian cysts are quite common. This should not interfere with your chances of conceiving, provided you have regular periods and no other problems.