Question
Posted by: confused & Emotional | 2008/01/22

Will it help?

Hi, please help me i'm in a state. About 4 months ago i had to have an arbortion& it's been haunting me ever since. When i first found out i was pregnant, i was a bit confused but later accepted "the little bun in the oven", i even had a name for my baby. Was under a lot of stress & depressed at the same time, my blood pressure was extremly high plus my sugar level was not good at all & my doc suggested i terminate coz i was at risk (mentioned some medical terms).

Ever since the termination i'm very anxious & feel that a part of me is missing. I feel like crying everytime i think about it. Not sure if this is normal but i sometimes feel pregnant. Was very excited the other day when i just vomited for no reason. It seems like my mind is playing tricks with me or something. I since broke up with my man coz he was never there & didn't even support me when i needed him most.
I feel like having a baby, not to say that i want to replace my first baby but i feel VERY EMPTY & i kind of blame myself for what happened. Do you think falling pregnant again will make me feel better or the whole thing will just pass & everything will be back to normal.
I would really appreciate your responce. Thanks.

I dont think any clinic or doctor ought to be allowed to carry out any abortion without including proper counselling, before and after. To do otherwise is simply irresponsible of them. OK, from the sound of this, the abortion was recommended for medical reasons including a significant risk to your health and presumably to the pregnancy too. Don't rush to fall pregnant again just yet ( that won't automatically make you feel better ) --- see a good local counsellor first, to finish working through these mixed emotions you still feel about what happened, and then check with your doctor so that your medical state can be gotten as sound as possible, and then work towards a healthier and happier pregnancy at minimal risk to you or the baby