Question
Posted by: Hopeless | 2007/02/23

Will I lose???

I started exercising about 3 weeks ago, 4-5 times a week but it seems like I have gained 2kg since then. What am I doing wrong?

Dear Hopeless
You need to combine an energy- and fat-reduced diet with your exercise to seriously lose weight. The increase in weight is probably due to the formation of muscle tissue which weighs more than fat tissue! Make sure that you are doing aerobic exercises like running, jogging, cycling or spinning, swimming, skipping or rowing which burn energy and promote weight loss. Only do exercises with weights to firm up and tighten muscles.
Hang in there

2
Posted by: Emily | 2007/02/24

Just to give you an idea...ive also been trying to lose 5kg's... ive started doing the weigh less program but wasnt all that strick therefore not a very rapid weight loss...also I started doing weight training which also doesnt show on the scale..ive been
training for 4 months now, ive lost 5 kg in total BUT 2 sizes down..lost a lot of centimeters..try to stick to 40 min cardio, and the super toning circuit is great...
Ive only got 3 kg to go..and even if it takes me another 2 months im going to reach goal weight

Reply to Emily
Posted by: Carmen | 2007/02/23

You are probably doing nothing wring, if you are also following a good diet and eating healthily you will loose fat, but remember muscle weighs more than fat, so going to gym you gain muscle and slowly loose fat so your weight then may not show much, so I suggest you measure yourself so then you can see if you are shrinking ! Keep it up, 3 weeks is not long at all and normally the first real signs of change are after about 3 months, so be realistic, Rome was not built in a day !!!

Reply to Carmen