Question
Posted by: J | 2004/10/20

Will I FAll Pregnant???

I am 19 yrs of age, and I have been sleeping with my boyfriend for the past 2 and a half yrs now.

I have been on the pill for at least 8 months... (triphasil)

We always use protection (condoms) whenever we are sexually active, but the last time we had sex, we didn,t and he ejaculated inside of me!!!

It was something new for us, as we haven't ever been so careless before....

I went to my campus clinic the next morning and I asked the nurse for a morning after pill, however she said that it was not necessary because I was already on the pill, and that I shouldn't have anything to worry about...

However, my boyfriend and I have heard so many stories of ppl falling pregnant despite them taking the pill.

We are very scared, and we would really appreciate if you could kindly give us some information on this issue.

The both of us are still very young, and we are not prepared financially for a pregnancy, so pls pls help us!!!!

Kindly reply to my e-mail address above...

Thanking You In Anticipation

You are unlikely to get pregnant if you have been taking the pill religiously.

4
Posted by: Jen | 2004/10/21

Thanx alot to all of u kind ppl who have replied to my e-mail....

At least now I can relax...

I really appreciat it!

Reply to Jen
Posted by: RT | 2004/10/20

I was on Triphasil for 2 years and never used a condom as we are married and no Pregnancy.

Reply to RT
Posted by: MJ | 2004/10/20

Hi there, I have been on triphasil and in a monogamous relationship for 7 years. We have used a condom once in that whole period.I did not once have a pregancy scare. I think it unlikely that you will fall pregnant but anything is possible. I did an HIV test 2 months ago and fortunately - the result was negative. Remember condoms protect you from HIV too and you need to look after yourself first as anything can happen in relationships.

Reply to MJ
Posted by: no | 2004/10/20

You won't fall pg as you're on the pill. Sure the pill is only 98% safe, but thats been good enough for most women!!
No need to continue worrying, you will not be pregnant. The effectiveness of the pill is lessened by some medications and antibiotics, I think it's in those cases that women have managed to fall preggies while on the pill.
Put your mind to rest, all will be fine

Reply to no