Question
Posted by: NONNIES | 2008/05/22

Will i ever fall pregnant

My husband and I have been trying now for almost two years to get pregnant but nothing, We went to see a gynae who found out that my hormone level is too high and he prescribed Dostinex which i took for 1 a week for 12 weeks, still nothing my husband went to the urologists and his sperm count was low and spermaid was prescribed for him, can you please tell me what else can we do as this is making us both depressed. My husband has a child from his previous relationship could i be the problem.? The gynae said the only problem i had was my hormone level. Lately i've been having menstruation like 2 days every week and spotting here and there. please help

Dear Nonnies
You need to find out two other important issues, has your prolactin level returned to normal and are you ovulating? I order to do this, certain tests need to be performed to find out if ovulation is taking place. The second important thing to find out is whether your fallopian tubes and genital track anatomy is normal. We need to know if the fallopian tubes are open and that they are not damaged. If your fallopian tubes are normal and patent and you are now ovulating, then the only problem that would account for your difficulty in conceiving would be your husband's low sperm count. The sperm count or semen analysis should be repeated to see if there is any improvement If there are no improvements then you would benefit from assisted reproductive techniques such as artificial insemination or in-vitro fertilization.

1
Posted by: lebo | 2008/05/23

stop stressing yourself, at the moment stress is the last thing ur body needs right now. relax and believe in GOD and everything will be alright. u are going to be a mommy one day

Reply to lebo