Question
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/04/11

Will I ever fall in love again?

I feel so lonely today CS!! I can hardly breathe! I'm in need of finding love again, but I'm not interested in any man anymore, I just don't think I can ever love again. Maybe I will love again someday, baby's dad was so full of shit, but I really loved him a lot and I will always love him, but I accepted that we're not made for each other and moved on. I'm looking for the same kind of man he was when I met him, but that will never happen. I guess I'm just angry that it didn't work out, because I want my own family to care for and a man that loves me the same as he loved me the day he met me, he WAS exactly what I was looking for in a man in the beginning, but why do they change and why does men's feelings change? I'm just stupid today and don't know what's wrong, just feeling sad and wish I could turn back time to change everything. I'm sick and tired of being alone with my son, I love being with my son, don't get me wrong, but there's just something missing! I can't even cry anymore, even though I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, but I just can't get it out! But blah blah blah, hopefully it will be over by tomorrow.

Hi Echelle ! Sorry to hear you're feeling lonely. I find when one keeps really busy, one generally doesn't have the time to feel lonely. Be careful with your language when you talk to yourself about this. Don't say " I will never love again" -- that's most probably untrue./ Say, more accurately " Right now I don't feel as though I will love again". That's true, but doesn't make unwarrented predictions. Don't say "That will never happen again" --- you don't know --- rather say :" I can't right now imagine how that will happen again --- but I'd like it to happen".
You can't turn the clock back, but in a way you can turn it forward, at least by ensuring that things don't go wrong again in the same way they did before.

6
Posted by: Paul | 2007/04/11

Strongs buddy.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: ..... | 2007/04/11

Probably not, because you are so horrible to people sometimes. and because you are so negative about men. maybe you should get yourself a chick friend?????????

Reply to .....
Posted by: joe | 2007/04/11

after everything that had happened there goes polly.

Reply to joe
Posted by: Polly | 2007/04/11

Moenie alleen voel nie. Ek voel net soos jy vandag en hoop ook om morê weer beter te voel (sal maar sien, jong).

Ek stem nie heeltemal saam met C. nie. Ja, God bring dinge oor ons pad, MAAR Hy het ook vir ons free choice gegee.....dit is besides the point anyway - gaan nie jou ex terug bring nie.

Hoe lank terug was dit? - Jammer, ek het nie heeltemal die storie van jou lewe gevolg hierso nie. Ek weet wel dat TYD alles genees en weer heel maak - selfs jou hart (en natuurlik God ook). Ek wil nie "all religious" raak nie, maar hou moed; bid dat God die regte maatjie op die regte tyd vir jou sal stuur. Onthou ook dat mense (me included BIG TIME) baie ongeduldig kan wees. Wees waaksaam dat wanneer die maatjie oor jou pad kom, jy hom sal kan herken - moenie hom met jou ex vergelyk nie.

Sterkte; hou moed en wees GEDULDIG (dis eintlik die ount wat ek probeer bring het).

Reply to Polly
Posted by: Joy | 2007/04/11

Bless you my child?? Dude, where you from??!!!! Echelle's feeling bad man, i'm sorry but the gospel's not gonna help her at this point!
Just take a nice long bath when you get home, pour yourself a nice glass of wine and relax...cry your heart out in the bathroom, dont let your boy see your tears and engross yourself in a book or handi type work so you can take your focus off things..if only for the night. Its just a slump and next week you'll laugh off this silliness! Take care okay? When you've gotten out the slump then we'll discuss tips to get back in the dating game! Chin up baby girl!! You'll be juuuust fine!

Reply to Joy
Posted by: C. | 2007/04/11

Hey Echelle.

You can't change anything by turning back time, you could if you turned into God but we all know. . . it's not gonna happen. God chose this path for you honey. And even if you could turn back time, everything would remain exactly the same, ever thought of that? What happened must have happened (wat gebeur moes gebeur), that's my only motto in life. And then you can really just take it one day at a time and live that day like there's no tomorrow. Moments, minutes, seconds. It all forms our past and our pasts really determines our futures, you know? Bless you my child.

Reply to C.