Question
Posted by: CC | 2007/08/17

will i eva have children...?

hi

Three yrs ago I was forced by my x bf to have an abortion...
I have been in a relationship with a really wonderful guy for the past 2yrs & he has been wanting children for as long as I know & we have been trying but have had no luck...
He knows about the abuse I went through with my x & has been understanding throughout..
Im terrified that i may neva have children & even more scared to go to the doctor & have him tell me this....
I dont know what to do..My bf well we are engaged loves me even tho there might b a possibility i cant have kids & he totally understands and even suggested adoption...
I just dont know if thats what i want...
I dont know what I will do if i cant have children...
Pls help me I think Im going crazy....
I am 25 & really desperate for advice cybershrink....

I know well the situation in which you fear going to the right doctor / specialist for fear of what he might tell you. But he's unlikely to tell you anything as awful as what you are fearing right now. It is likely that if there is a problem, it is one that can be fixed, and the earlier you start to work on fixing it, with the right specialist advice, the sooner you should be able to succeed. And even if it turns out that there is some more major problem, there are still ways to deal with it --- knowledge is power, so whatever the situation, you can only cope with it and try to solve the problems, once you know what they are. SO try to stay calm and go to see a good local gynae for a full checkup, and tell him about your concerns. Armed with knowledge of what exactly the situation is, you can then plan for a happier future than all this uncertainty