Posted by: CPM | 2009/05/15

Will gynae do foto consultation?

Hi Doc

I have a 12 year old Cerebral Palsy daughter. A year ago I had a vaginal hystorectomy done. She has been touching down there more and more and it' s really gettin imbarresing. She' s huge down there and the lips are protruding alot. The gynae who did the hystorectomy wanted to do a labia reduction - after what she went through with the hystorectomy and not understanding I will not put her through that.

But i need to do something and I also need a gynae to look if everything looks ok. Obviously she will not lie down and open up so that a stranger can look and touch her, for that she' d have to be physically forced or put under. I however would be able to take pictures of her. Where would I find a gynae that will do a photo-consultation? I am prepared to pay the full fee that' s not a problem at all.

Sometimes she say' s it burns and i wipe it down and put baby oil or thrush cream and it seems to be better.

Do you have any idea what else I could try ?

Thank You

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

I would suggest you find a female gynaecologist and discuss the problem with her. Pictures may be okay to see if the anatomy is normal but, if you suspect an infection, she would have to be examined. A light sedative might work.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.