Question
Posted by: Crys | 2005/06/30

Will Cardio excercise make me lose weight

I have started doing cardio excercise involving cycling,rowing,walking,stepping at the gym also toning once a week. I am about 5 kg over weight will this help me to lose weight.

Crys

Dear Crys
Yes, aerobic exercises such as the ones you list also help to reduce weight. You may find that you initially gain a bit of weight because muscle tissue weighs more than fat tissue, but if you take all your vital measurements before you start exercising and then take them again every week, you will see that you are losing cm and thus reducing your body fat %.