Question
Posted by: BB | 2003/12/11

Will baby still turn

Hi Doc,
I am 33 weeks pregnant, and my baby was lying head down for most of the pregnancy, but she now turned, and has been breeched for the past 2 weeks.
All the websites says that the baby should be turning head down now, and stay that way unitll the birth.
Is the odds good that mine will still turn, or should I be worried?
Thank you.

Up to 36 weeks there is still a chance that the baby will turn. After this the chances are less.

1
Posted by: Purple | 2003/12/12

I've heard that some babies turn right near the end (days or hours before the birth), but I don't know how true this is, as one hears a lot of nonsense about pregnancy and birth.
I belive that some gynae's will try to manually turn the baby - why not chat to your gynae at your next appointment (next week?).

Reply to Purple