Question
Posted by: query | 2004/10/25

will 12 wwek scan be internal?

Will a twelve week scan be internal, or on the outsied?

Usually on the outside.

3
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/25

Internal scans are usually only done at your first appointment (5 or 6 weeks), though every doctor differs.

My twelve week scan was external, and we could see plenty and measure the nuchal folds, check the amount of amniotic fluid, count the fingers and toes etc.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Kate | 2004/10/25

My first doctor (1st pregnancy) did an internal at 12 weeks, and we saw a lot fo the baby. However, my new doctor (2nd pregnancy) did an external scan at 12 weeks and I felt more comfortable but we didn't 'see' as much. Although he was able to measure the nuchal fold etc.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: VJ | 2004/10/25

It is not internal

Reply to VJ