Question
Posted by: worriedman | 2006/10/31

wife is seriously ill after delivery at

My wife is lying critically in the hospi after delivery by surgery at week 30. The doctors say they have to stop the pregnancy after discovering what they called alp syndrom. I don´t know what that means, but since last friday, she had not been getting well. Her tommy and body had significantly swollen up and the doctor also say that her placenta and liver had also swollen up too. what could this mean? Does anybody know what best to be done? Pls. help. Meanwhile our child is alive and doing well.
Worriedman

HELLP syndrome is a complication of hypetension of pregnancy. It affects the liver and clotting mechanisms. The treatment includes blood pressure medication if this is a problem, blood transfusions and clotting factors if needed. This is a serious condition but I am sure your doctors are doing what is ncessary.

5
Posted by: worriedman | 2006/10/31

Oh! Thanx alot Diana for your knid words. sorry for your lost baby. Happy to see someone who has pass the same pain as my wife is passing now. But there is hope because Jesus is alive! And the doctors here is also saying that although it is a serious illness, they have what it takes to combat it. I´m writing from Germany. Once again, thanx for your kind words.

Reply to worriedman
Posted by: Mrs Diana | 2006/10/31

Sorry to hear about that. My last pregnancy I had a HELLP syndrome. I had to diliver my baby at 26 wks due to pre-clamisia. I'm not sure if it's related to what you wife is having. My body was swollen, BP was high, liver collapsing. Pre-clamisia can be dangerous for the mother and baby. Unfortunately mine survived for 2 months and passed on. But nothing will beat the word of GOD... pray very hard and things will be fine.

Reply to Mrs Diana
Posted by: worriedman | 2006/10/31

Thank you Anon! God bless you too.

Reply to worriedman
Posted by: Anon_B | 2006/10/31

Sorry to hear your wife is not well. I am sure the doctors are doing everything they can to help her. Just believe in the man above and pray that she recovers and goes home soon with your little bean. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Reply to Anon_B
Posted by: worried | 2006/10/31

Worriedman

Reply to worried