Question
Posted by: Tes | 2007/11/30

Wich product?

Good day,
I am 22 and had acne. I am still on reaccutan but my course is finish in 2 months.
I want to know what product i can use for my age and i have a normal to dry skin. I would like to have a face wash, toner and cream. I dont care what the prices are i just dont want to look like a raisin when im old!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Tes, thank you for the question.

This is the perfect age to start thinking about taking good care of your skin to prevent the ageing process as much as possible. One should remember that nutrition, exercise, adequate sleep, and limiting environmental damages as much as possible are important in delaying the ageing process or wrinkle formation. Furthermore, one should consider the use of glycolic acid peels, Botox, and skin rejuvenation, in the near future.

I believe that your basic approach to future topical skin care and starting an anti-ageing program should consist of two basic starting points.
Firstly, considering that you have had problems with acne in the past, one should be very careful to only use products that are oil free from now on. And secondly, always use a good SPF (15 to 30) that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide and remember to apply several times daily.

It is not necessary to pay a high price to get a good topical product with anti-ageing properties, but occasionally this can not be helped. There are a number of excellent product ranges on the market today, and my advice would be to get samples from of each of these ranges and to try them out first. I will list a number of alternatives you should consider, however, please note that this list is not exhaustive: NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, Skin Nutrition, Dr Perricone, La Prairie, etc. I am a firm believer that one can mix different products to get an optimal effect from topical applications.

Your regime should consist of the following and (I will use only one example so remember that there are alternatives from each of the ranges):
Facial wash: Skin Nutrition.
Toner: Dr Perricone.
Exfoliator: Skin Nutrition.
Day Moisturizer: NeoStrata Oil Free Lotion SPF 15 (combination).
Sun Screen: Heliocare Gel or Heliocare Oil Free Compact.
Antioxidant: Prevage MD.
Night Moisturizer: Dr Perricone or Skin Nutrition.