Question
Posted by: Curious | 2006/04/05

why the BIG thirst?????????

Doc, please explain to me why does one become so extremely thirsty when you are pregnant,well Im experiencing it,Im about six weeks. What causes this??

Thirst is not a usual symptom of pregnancy. It might be a good idea, as the other respondents have suggested, to check for diabetes.

2
Posted by: Liesel | 2006/04/06

I had the same experience, could drink water and cold drinks anytime of the day. Well i am also pregnant and when i went to doc, well he discovered i am in deed diabetic. So please go and checked it out.

Reply to Liesel
Posted by: Lou | 2006/04/05

You may need to be tested to make sure you are not diabetic - but saying this, I craved water when I was pregnant and drank about 5 litres a day - it made sure I never suffered from constipation!! I had a very healthy baby and no side effects from all the water.

Reply to Lou