Question
Posted by: OneWay | 2007/05/22

Why Resist?

What are the possible reasons for resisting therapy?and can it be overcome...

is it possible that it is my subconscious trying to protect myself, how do i get over it and work harder?

there are many very large and very dull books written on that topic ! And one doesn't have to believe in the myth of a subconscious to understand it. OFten one prefers to stick to the misery one is familiar with, almost comfortable in, rather than face the challenges and uncertainty of making significant changes. Any competent therapist would be able to discuss this with you in the context of your own therapy, and help you to understand the way this impact within your own therapy, and to enable you to evade the resistance and make good progress.

1
Posted by: Joy | 2007/05/22

You've become so used to this depressive slump that you're in, that even though you know therapy would be good be for you, you're still resisting it. It's called self-destruction..it's as if you dont want to go through the ordeals to get better, but know that its the only logical way to get better!

Reply to Joy