Question
Posted by: Margie | 2004/10/22

WHY? PLEASE TELL ME WHY

The question i want to ask you is why do guys alsways do this.....He phoned to ask if he can come and visit me so that we can watch dvds.... Later the night i phone him he doesnt pick up, i phone him on his land line eventually getting hold of him and he makes as if he never asked me to come and visit.... Later on i sms him to ask whether or not he is gonna come... dont get any repsonse from him.... i then fall asleep and woke up to find out that he never responded to my sms.... it then try to phone him again he doesnt pick... i mean why do i have to stress about this when he was the one that suggested to come and visit he could only have had the decency just to sms me to tell me if he is coming or not....... this is not the 1st time this has happened.... why do guys do this????? it makes me feel like he is not really dedicated to this relationship and that in later stages i wont be able to count on him ... is this the trueth do you really think he is only a player....please help.....thanks .......

Expert ImageTeen expert

Dear Margie,

I am sorry to say that from what you describe that you are being messed around, and that this is hurting you.

The best thing for you is to know where you stand rather than having to guess all the time. I suggest you confront him and ask him what is going on. If you don't feel you get a straight or honest answer or that the same things keep happening then I suggest you find yourself someone who treats you with more care and respect because that is what you deserve!

Take care

2

Male

Really nice that you can admit that you were wrong but I don't think that this isl imited to males. I think that females do it too.

Margie, agree with the advice that Teen Expert and Male have given you, I see my son going through the same thing - he is head over heels in love (for the first time at the age of 19) and I could cry for him when he makes plans and is so excited and then she lets him know at the last minute that she has changed her plans.

Take care!

Posted by: Male | 2004/10/22

margie, unfortunately as a male at one stage I was the same.

I can only tell you why i did it, I was selfish, this was my time and even though I said i would go over to my girlfriend I was more interested in myself than in her, we broke up coz at the end of the day, I was not in love with her, just wanted someone to call a girlfriend and have on my arms when I needed a partner.

You need to have a really serious chat with him, his actions need to show what he says - if he says he loves you, his actions should proopve that, otherwise in truth, you are just a trophy to show off, if he does not change, my advice, move on.

From a previous male pig

Reply to Male