Question
Posted by: d | 2004/11/26

why no baby

pregnant 9weeks, but no baby in uterus. whats up ?

It could be an ectopic pregnancy or a missed abortion or your dates may be out.

7
Posted by: hi eve | 2004/11/27

sorry to hear you had the same experience as i did. it is really disappointing and mind baffling. i think my sac has already naturally expelled itself though. the question is wether one wants to go through that experience again. hopefully i will find the courage to try again. this was not my first pregnancy my son is now nearly four years old and everything was fine witth my pregnancy with him and he too is fine. hope you will fall pregnant soon and that everything will be fine being a parent is the most wonderful and challenging experience in the world. d.

Reply to hi eve
Posted by: Eve | 2004/11/26

Hi D
I am sorry to hear of your experience. I had the exact same experience at the beginning of this month. I thought I was about 9 weeks pregnant, and went to my Gynae for the first appointment. She found no baby. She said that it was a blighted ovum; where the embryo does not attach. Imagine our shock and disappointment! It was also my first pregnancy and I also spotted slightly. Other than that there was no indication that all was not well. The Doc said that the reasons that this happens is not always clear. I had an evacuation to get rid of the empty sac, and will try again in the New Year. I wish you only the best of luck next time round!

Reply to Eve
Posted by: Francis | 2004/11/26

I am sorry to hear that, it seems that you had a miss miscarriage It happened to me too. I was 8.5 weeks pregnant and started bleeding. Went to doctor and the only thing she could see was the sac and the baby with no heartbeat.

She did a d&c the next day. Good news is I fell pregnant 4 weeks later again and are now 7 months pregnant.

Sometimes the baby has too much abnormalties and then your body get rid of the unborn fetus.

Reply to Francis
Posted by: d | 2004/11/26

there was some spotting no pain first preg. no nausea everything fine. 2nd as above sometimes loo often sometimes not.yes normal symptomns but not same as first pregnancy. only see gynae monday thought possibly later than expected pregnancy wanted to make sure but not so as bleeding occurred in week

Reply to d
Posted by: Bronny | 2004/11/26

OMG, that sounds exactly how I feel at the moment. Did you have any bleeding or pain. I have none of that. I was worried why I haven't experienced any nausea or frequent urination.

Did you go to the loo often? I wonder if I should be worried or not, especially as those are some of all the normal symptoms?

What did your Doc tell you?

Reply to Bronny
Posted by: d | 2004/11/26

severe tiredness nausea no vommiting though. headaches sinus bloated stomach & discomfort

Reply to d
Posted by: Me | 2004/11/26

I'm so sorry to hear that?

Can you tell me what sort of symptoms you've had, I'm going for my first scan in a weeks time and I have some sort of unexplained fear of that happening to me?

Reply to Me