Posted by: Depressed | 2008/08/12

Why never me???

I am not a Moaning Myrtle, but I cannot take it anymore how things happen to people around me and not me.

I am late 20s, hubby is early 30s. We have friends in their mid 20s. Everything just seems to go so smoothly for them. Hubby and I earn very small salaries, we live in a bachelor' s flat. They earn big salaries, can afford to spend R6 000pm on rental. I don' t even earn that much. I accidentally got pregnant 2 years ago. So did 5 other people in my family. Who has a miscarriage? ME!! I have been looking for a new job for the last 6 months. This friend of mine lost hers as the company she worked for closed down. So what happens, she finds a job within 6 weeks, I am still battling. Hubby and I desperately want to move out of our sh*thole, but no, we cannot afford anything. He bought a car 5 years ago, I bought a car 2 years ago, who has car trouble ALL THE TIME? ME!!!!! I would love for my life to also get going so that we can also do what other normal people do. Having kids is something I would love to do. Of course who gets pregnant, my friend does. Of course nothing will go wrong with HER pregnancy, she and her hubby are mos God' s favorites.

I am so gatvol of NOTHING ever coming right in my life, but everyone around me seems to get what they want. When the hell is it my turn.

I am just GATVOL of being left behind all the time.
Everyone always says: ' Things will come right' , ' God has a plan with all of us' . ' Just pray and all will work out' .

Common things happen commopnly, so several bad things can happen to the same person by pure chance. And when we're feeling gloomy and hard done by, we tend to look among our acquaintances for someone who is having a run of good luck, for the comparison ( also, people having good luck ten to tell you about it, others having lousy times in their lives tend not to tell you ) so it wil, SEEM that you're having a worse time than others, even if you're not

Posted by: Babe | 2008/08/12

I agree fullheartedly with Helper. The reason that u r where u r is because u choose to b there. U' r friends r where they are cos they choose to be there.

While u sit and whine and whimper about life they acctually go out and take risks to get what they want.

Another thing ... GOD gave us all things we desire it is up to us whether we want to accept them or not. Clearly u r turning your back on GOD and saying no thanks to all HE is giving u .

Reply to Babe

Thank you for your messages. Yes, I am negative. I will have to change that. Hopefully things will come right. It just seems as though it will never happen, you know.

I do count myself lucky that I have a hubby. I am also happy about having a roof over my head, but if you guys can see where we live, you would understand.

Anyway, thank you again for your replies. I suppose things would get better at some point.

Posted by: anon | 2008/08/12

at least you have a hubby.....i have been in and out of relationships but no one has ever asked me to marry them,count you blessing dear!!

Reply to anon
Posted by: helper | 2008/08/12

i know the feeling,but you gotta start visualising things going well,exactly how you want them to go...stick up pictures of babies,the house you want the life style you starts by replacing the negative with a positive...repent of any thing you have done in your life that would displease god..the only way we please god is by faith,it takes time but you need to start praising god for the good things that are on the way,now that you have chosen to change your view on your situation.

Reply to helper
Posted by: Me too | 2008/08/12

I also feel the same. People we graduated with live in golf estates and my salary is a joke compared to them. And I don' t see what I did wrong. And I don' t even have a man. I have been divorced since 2002, and nithing since. I have prayed, I have loved myself, I have gone to gym...people say " how can you expect people to make you happy if you cannot make yourself happy bla bla bla" . Rubbish, I can not romance myself.

" The Lord knows the disires of your heart. Seek his kingdom and all these things shall be given to you"  BULL.

Reply to Me too
Posted by: Emma | 2008/08/12

Perhaps you should stop being so negative and start looking at the positive side of your life: you have a job and a roof over your head - lots of people don' t even have that much. You have a husband - lots of other people are totaly alone in the world. Don' t look at people who are better off than you, look at those who are worse off than you and your life should look a whole lot better..... It is not the lack of money that is keeping you in your place but your attitude to life and its problems.

Reply to Emma