Question
Posted by: Tiny | 2004/10/18

Why men get threatened by educated & Professional chicks

I m a highly independent , professional and highly paid black lady. I find it difficult to understand why particularly Black South africam Guys get threatened by women like us? Is it becoz u guyz are so stereotyped and old fashioned that u cant accept the Change and be flexible?.

We end up going out with other races or black guyz o/side the country who tend to like the challenge and can handle it very well.

I would appreciate if u black RSA gentlemen can answer my question.

Excellent question, TIny, and I hope we'll see some of the excellent answers it deserves ! And I find your point of view interesting. I get the impression that young black guys in RSA, tend to hold to traditions when it suits them, and not when it doesn't. picking traditions which give them advantages, and forgetting those that entail duties towards others ? has my experience been biased, or is this at least partly accurate ?

4
Posted by: Volcano | 2004/10/19

I find women who are confident and self assured extremely attractive. I don't think it is fare to generalise.

Reply to Volcano
Posted by: JOSH | 2004/10/18

I agree with shaun and pete on this one.may be u r looking in a wrong cycle,but i detest the word "black guyz" not all of us r so old fasioned,may be when picking a lady is respect what we r after not education!

Reply to JOSH
Posted by: Pete | 2004/10/18

Well said Tiny! But what men (black and white - we're all the same!) do not realise is that independent women (I hate the term 'Chick') is an asset in later life - you earn more, you are more sociable and presentable and you allow us men more time to ourselves. Yet we allow our ego's to get in the way, but as Shaun stated, there are those of us that have seen the light and get involved with professional women because of their personalities and drive. B.t.w., progessional women also have greater 'appetites' - go figure!

Reply to Pete
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/18

Hi Tiny,

To a degree, I agree with both you & CS. Give us time, we will come around. Most of us have been brought up with strong traditional values, so I feel it's normal that we tend to behave the way you think we do as these values come into effect, but don't hold it against us all.
We maybe old-fashioned, but given the chance I'm sure you'll find that we know how to treat a woman as well.
What I'm trying to say is that I think the next generation will reap the benefits of all the changes that SA is going thru at the moment, & as you well know by now, man is hard-headed so we will learn from experience.
I have met quite a few "black" men who are totally confident in their independence & really appreciate women for what they are, to the extent that I do envy them their sauve-ness (if there be such a word).
Change takes time Tiny. Also maybe consider that what you might be looking for just could be in the wrong circles???

Just my thoughts on this subject...

Have a great South African day,
Cheers,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun