Question
Posted by: Lonelyness | 2004/11/16

Why me?

I cannot understand by this world is so full of cruel people.Why do people hurt other people.I have been sexuely abused twice in my life and it has a huge impact on my life.Like a part of me is very scared and it effect my relationships with other people.I can't trust anyone.Will I ever overcome it?I can forgive but not forget.

Dear Lonelyness,
I don't belive you have to forgive, at least not in the sense of making the perpetrator feel any better about what he did. But its worth forgiving in the sense of letting go and not clinging to the past events as a prisoner of the butterness they have caused. A counselo could really help you get through this, and wou can overcome it.

6
Posted by: Tori | 2004/11/16

Dear Lonelyness

you have come to the right place.I understand how you feel. I was also raped when i was young, only once though, by a strange man. i went through a terrible depression in my life.
I also agree with Lady Nina, there is hope and you might need some proffesional help. If you can't afford professional help, You can talk to us here, we are here to help you through this.

Trying to work through something like, sexually abusive situations is very hard, all you have to do is stay positive and try to talk to other people, people you can trust. Don't hide it, it will only make things worse.

Reply to Tori
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/11/16

hi there

see the obsticales in life as stepping stones and get some proffesional help

there is hope

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Leonie | 2004/11/16

loneliness its very sad what u r saying ive got a 3yr old girl which i just cannot let out of mysite, ppl r dangerous, especially men, they r RAPISTS, SERIAL KILLERS, ROBBERS, ABUSERS, u name bad things they do it all, find a way of going foward and should u have a child, dont let her out of your site, u cant trust people especially MALES. they see a woman even in a 2 month old baby, males r SICKOs of note

Reply to Leonie
Posted by: Mona | 2004/11/16

Ooops, i meant "peace"!

Reply to Mona
Posted by: Mona | 2004/11/16

You are in urgent need of some therapy to work through your feelings and emotions, to make piece with the past in order to move on. I'm sure the doc will suggest the right people you can contact.

Reply to Mona
Posted by: GobSmacked | 2004/11/16

Darling, you've come to the right place. These guys are so full of wonderful, caring advice.
So you'll never be alone and no-one can hurt you here, only help.

Reply to GobSmacked