Question
Posted by: | 2020/08/02

Why is my period not returning after stopping primolut N?

I wanted to delay my period so I started taking Primolut N 2 days prior to the expected date of my period. I was told to take 4 tablets daily (2 in the morning and 2 at night). I stopped taking Primolut N 7 days ago and yet my period did not come. My concerns are: 1. why didn't my period start again? 2. was my pharmacist incorrect regarding the dosage? 3. should I go to a doctor? 4. will this medication have any long term effects on me?

- 2020/08/13

The dose is fine. Usually a period starts within 3-5 days of stopping Primolut N. I am not sure why this has not happened in your case. You don't give information on your background gynae history, what your periods were like before, what medication you are using, etc, so I think the best things is if you see a doctor. There should not be long term effects of Primolut use.