Question
Posted by: RDK | 2004/11/24

WHY IS MY BODY REJECTING MEDICINES

Still on the morning sickness. I dont know what to do anymore! I have been off from work 2 days this week and 2 days last week. Nothing stays down. Whatever is prescribed for me only works for a day or two and then it's back to square one. I even bring up the tablets and medicine I got for the nausea as soon as I've taken it! It's the same with the vitamins. My gynae and GP both said that I must take care not to get dehydrated otherwise I'll have to go on a drip. My GP also said that if morning sickness is so severe it means that the pregnancy hormone is "all over the place" and it indicates a strong pregnancy. What about my baby then? Surely it cant be getting all the nourishment it needs? I am so worried and at the moment it's getting the better of me. Please help?

Many women have morning sickness. Your body is not rejecting the medication. The cause of morning sickness is the hormonal changes in pregnancy. You should try to drink fluids even if you can't eat. Your baby will survive a few weeks without nourishment and it tends to improve after 12 weeks.

1
Posted by: Gretha | 2004/11/24

You need to check your urine for ketones. The pharmacist should be able to supply you with the necessary testing strips.

Reply to Gretha