Question
Posted by: Girl | 2004/11/18

Why is Divorce woman treated this way

I find that ever since people found that I'm getting Divorced I was accused of wanting to take husbands coming on to friends boyfriend being gay, At work when I have a disagreement with someone the responce from others would be no she must like you ???shut... I always have listen sexual jokes like not getting any!! At the momment I'm afraid to talk to any friends boyfriends and hubbies. Why does men not have wedding rings on it is irretating to find someone show interest but just to find his married while they were the ones leading you on. and why is men the inisuates of all of my encounters but I'm the one looking like the baddy.....I am single now I love it bud why should I feel bad about it it's like women are blaming me for there bad relationships Plse respond

Sounds likie a very vulgar and insecure bunch of people you work with.

4
Posted by: Jane | 2004/11/18

Divorced myself and cannot help but agree - but I think I know at least of one reason why people behave the way they do - especially in the Afrikaans community. If you are pre-marriage and single you are regarded as "virginal" whether you are doing it or not. But by having been married you are openly (and "morally") no longer a virgin and therefore more prone to have loose sexual encounters. Add to that that a lot of married people envy you your new found freedom and zest for life. You are a reminder to them what they don't have any more so they end up being judgemental, fearful and sometimes just plain nasty. I have refused to let that get to me and a year down the line I don't even notice it anymore!

Reply to Jane
Posted by: BEENTHERE | 2004/11/18

AM A DIVORCED WOMAN MYSELF AND YES IT CARRIES A STIGMA WITHIT. HAVE JUST BEEN IN A FIGHT WITH A VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE WHO ACCUSED ME OF INTENDING TO STEAL HER MAN, BEAR IN MIND THIS NEVER HAPPENED WHILE I WAS STILL MARRIED. I DISCARDED HER OFF MY LIFE, SHE REALIZED HER MISTAKE CAME BACK AND APOLOGIZED. POINT IS YOU KNOW YOUR REASONS FOR GETTING DIVORCED, YOU DON'T OWE ANYONE ANY EXPLANATION. LIVE YOUR LIFE AND LET THEM BE PARANOID, THEY'LL EVENTUALLY GET TIRED

Reply to BEENTHERE
Posted by: Nina | 2004/11/18

My body language is different I have been depressed and unhappy for a very long time now I am better after many crying nights and day's. Yes body language will tell you that I'm better ready to live life to the fulles I did change, haven been this happy for a long time so people do notice but reaction is negative they should be happy for me.

Reply to Nina
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/11/18

hi there

i don't find thing to be like that at all maybe it's the message you send?

but then i've make it clear to everyone that i'm not interested in a relasionship

it must be something they read in our body language or somehting

nina

i

Reply to lady nina