Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2007/12/10

Why has it only hit me now....

Not only will I NEVER have my own child......
Not only did I have to adopt......
Not only did I get a disabled child.....

I will NEVER be a granmother...a "granny".....

(I know the sterilization is necessary)

It's just another hurt that's now come along.....

I really like Q's point about the starfish. Some people get to be biological mothers and grannies and make an awful job of it . You've taken on a noble task that creates and nurtures love, more than many of them will ever manage

4
Posted by: Maria | 2007/12/10

Hi CP MOM

Moms and grannies come in many forms and guises. One doesn't have to be related to a child, biologically or legally, to play the role of mom or granny. You never know what life may still bring in the future, you are already a blessing for one child and their might be others out there who need you help some day.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Adult CP | 2007/12/10

I know only too well that life can be very difficult for some of us, but at least you have someone in your life to whom you are a mommy. There are a lot of women out there who will never be called mommy by anyone and there are children out there who have no one to call mommy..... Take comfort in the fact that you are a mommy to a special little girl and also know that you are special to her, even if she cannot tell you so.

Even when you hurting, look for the silver linning.....
Take care.

Reply to Adult CP
Posted by: CP MOM | 2007/12/10

Thank you so much.

Best wishes for you and yours also. :-)

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Q | 2007/12/10

Hi CP, I have been following your story now for years and first I must tell you that you have given up so much to make a differance in one persons life. You now the story off the starfish that was throughn back in to the sea. When the little girls dad said but way do you through them back when there is so many on the beach she said the differance is that I saved that one and it makes a differance to him. And that is your story you are making a differance to that one soul and that is your calling in life. You see CP I believe that whe all have a purpose in life and that perpose is deffined buy who we are. Some people are here to populate and work hard and build, others are here to care for the little ones that got lost because of bad perants and others are here just to exsist!!! You are a care giver and on of the most noble calling one person can have!! You are blessed with a gift that few people have. Yes the above may be true but you ave given life to that little one, you have give hope to a disabled little one and yes to her you will always be momy but in your old age se will be your ray of light and hope and you in advertantly have become grand ma to many like her!!! You are so blessed keep going and remember God never will give you something that you can not handle!!!

Mary Christmas and my God and all is angles be with you this Christmas!!!!!

Reply to Q