Question
Posted by: Diddi | 2007/05/07

WHY ECOTRIN

Hi Doc, I am 19 weeks pregnant and i have a history of a miscarriage before this pregnancy. My doctor prescribed ECOTRIN tablets (an orange tablet) which i have to take one a day but I would really like to know more (as to what the function of this tablet is for the duration of my pregnancy. He did explain to me but u know we do forget these things especially all these medical terms. Thank you

It is low dose aspirin. One of the things that can cause miscarriages is abnormal blood clotting. Aspirin thins the blood and prevents this.

2
Posted by: diddi | 2007/05/08

I only miscarried once and that was in May 2006 when i was 10 weeks pregnant. I conceived in January 2007 and thats when my doctor put me on Ecotrin. I havent had any complications sofar, except for a brown discharge at 17 weeks that really got me worried, but according to my doctor, after i visited him assured me that is not a miscarriage. In fact the discharge was only there for 2days. Im nineteen weeks now and all seems to be fine. Relax and Keep the faith, i will keep you in my prayers, nothing will go wrong.

Reply to diddi
Posted by: Zara | 2007/05/07

I experienced the same thing like you, i had 4 miscarriages before doc did blood test and found out that my i have high antibodies which causes blood clots to form around the womb when i do fall pregnant he also prescribed Ecotrin to me i've been taken it for about 2 months now... yesterday i found out that i'm pregnant. I'm so scared that i'm going to miscarry again and really hope this Ecotrin is going to help me!

Are you on anything else besides the Ecotrin? when did you have your miscarriages... mine was all at 6 wks.

Reply to Zara