Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2012/10/01

Why, does anybody cares

Good Day Doc
Hope you are well!!!

Me again, funny how life happens to be one thing after the other. I am in the corner and my heart is broken. It hurt so much that if was not a coward I will commit a suicide. I am not happy with my current employment. It is not fulfilling. So I decided to look outside and it was promising as I was getting interviews mostly with Agencies. Two months ago I received what then I thought was the break of my life. Always wanted to work for this organisation and yes finally they invited me for an interview. It went well and I was advised the same day that I am a their preferred candidate. I was then asked to go for Med Exams and I did and everything went well. The next step was me signing their offer. I waited patiently. After two weeks received a call from them about a more senior role and they will love to interview me for that. I enquired about the first one and I was told that the line manager is on leave.

I attended the new interview and it went well, and yes still waiting for their offer. What breaks my heart is that I am sooo close but it’ s quite. I have exercised my patience and it has run out. I am discouraged. What I am dying for is just to know if I got the job or not. It is heart-breaking to be in suspense on something that one feels like it will be their biggest break ever.

How does one garner courage to wake up and hope that one day he will get out of their situation, especially when it seem so close and everything just goes shhhhhhh?

I guess if it weren't one darn thing after another, it wouldnt be life, would it ?
But do NOT commit suicide or plan to do so - that's a permanent response ( and not ever a solution ) to a problem that ought to be temporary.
These are not great times in which to be job-hunting, but nobody should give up and think of suicide just because they don't like their job ( and I've had some job horrors in my time )or find it unfulfilling. Better alternatives will turn up.
In the situation you descibe the company concerned behaved abominably and should feel ashamed of themselves. To string anyone along and treat them with such lack of concern is utterly unprofessional. Very frustrating and annoying for you.
But wait in there. If they don't come up trumps, the experience at least shows that you are an impressive candidate who other companies will surely appreciate as well or better, and whill probably respect more politely. Keep on trying, and good things can turn up

3
Posted by: Mandy | 2012/10/01

Many thanks Doc, one thing I always do before I post I will read your resume and somehow feel the courage to forge ahead irrecpective. You response is very personal and reach the core me and yes now I know someone does care. May all that is good and of excellent report abound to you.

Reply to Mandy
Posted by: R | 2012/10/01

It is very frustrating, I know how you feel. Jjst recently I thought I had found The Job, after being for many many interviews, and hadn''t heard from the last promising company more than 2 weeks after the interview, I then phoned them to find out if they were still interviewing or had found soemone. That''s when they gently told me I was ''over-qulaified''. I was crushed to say the least, as I really believed this time I''d be placing my resignation.
I am still waiting for confirmation of the 2nd interview, after I was interveiwd more than 2 months ago.
Nothing is more frustrating than the wait, if too much time is passing, rather phone them just so you know where they are headed, and prepare for whatever news they might have.
Good luck.

Reply to R